Πέμπτη 11 Ιουλίου 2013

Re: Hp HDX16 προβλήματα υπερθέρμανσης

Hi Folks, 

 

Thought I would chime in on the dissatisfaction I person with my sons HDX16 and some other helpful notes.  His laptop was purchased in August of 2009 and of course is out of warranty.  I will list a few of the problems I have and the things I have learned so far including the overheating problem.  

 

First of the battery has a very short shelf life and the charger eventually failed also.  Most battery have a number of full charge cycles that can occur and there is not much you can do about it short of renew the battery and hope it lasts as long as the first one which was 16 months for both (6-cell OE battery FYI) .

 

Cooling fan sounds like a race car at times.  This is what I allow is an attempt by the computer to clear the detritus from the inside of the cooling fan housing.  Sounds like a good idea if the pieces are small enough to pass through but I find that cat hair and other assorted bits make a great basis all for the pieces of felt that I have removed from several laptops now blocking the air flow from the cooling fins.  This occurred in my sons HDX and required almost complete dis assembly of the laptop to access !

 

With that said the heat sink problem is well documented on other HP laptops and will eventually lead to the failure of the solder joints on the graphics chip the is part of a major c;ass action lawsuit at this time but does not cover the HDX products - go figure. Poke around on You Tube if you want to see the repairs that I am attempting.  

 

I currently have my sons laptop in pieces (a lot of them by the way) in order get to the motherboard to attempt to re-solder on the graphics chip which has failed on his HDX16. His problem is the the back lighting circuit has died and will not illuminate the LCD screen. It does work fine when related to an external monitor. I believe this the same problem that others are fighting with the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.  I will post my result of this repair when it occurs. 

 

With that all said I have learned a few things about HP and laptops.  

 

1. I think it would be wise to fabricate a small filter and attach it to the air inlets on any laptop from day one if you don't want to pull it apart every few years to cleanable it. 

2. The faster it is the hotter it gets. The cooling systems are not designed to handle overheating very well and the chip sets are existence secured with smaller and smaller bits of solder these days.  A minute less speed might mean it lasts a little longer.

3. By an extended warranty for the useful life of the laptop - 3 years is all you will get these days short a major failure. 

4. Backup, Backup, Backup,

5. Its much faster to wipe a drive and rebuild it than it is to pay someone to repair it or to fixture it your self. Resource it simple or continue a duplicate actuation that can be swapped as needed. with the basic essentials that module get you going again.  

 

By the way I have an HP printer that has given many hours of grief also but that a story for another day. 

 

Remember the squeaky wheel will eventually get the grease. Sometimes only after the bearings fails.

 

Cheers

 

Capt Ron          

 



Source: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Gaming-Reply-Only/Hp-HDX16-Overheating-Issues/m-p/518399#M465

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου