Κυριακή 19 Αυγούστου 2012

Any problem removing ground from lcd computer monitor?

I enjoy been having many problems with flickering on my 24" Holler lcd monitor. The monitor is hooked to my laptop (hollow xps m1210). The two laptops (solitary one is hooked to the VDU at a time, via a kvm switch) are on a separate surge suppressor from the monitor, however, they some be the same outlet (same circuit). I can't luck this because my dorm room only has one circuit for the whole room. The flickering goes away when the laptops are unplugged (running on artillery power). The monitor's auto-adjust usually helps, but I have to do it several times a day. Sometimes the flickering is so no-good that there are "waves" going leading and down the translucent boarders of windows.
Removing the monitor's ground (a 3 to 2 prong plug adapter) resolves the quirk. Oddly, neither of the laptops' power adapters had a ground prong, although I have a tertiary, which does own a ground prong, but it does not make a difference.
Swing the monitor directly to the vga output of the laptop (bypassing the kvm switch) doesnt breed a difference. My vga cable is new, shielded, and of good prime. The Power cable for the monitor is far away from the vga cable object for one area wherever they cross perpendicularly (moving them does not do anything).

So: are there any consequences from leaving the display next to no ground, permanently? Should I just keep auto-adjusting and suffer it? Any other suggestions to fix the nuisance?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου